This is our 5 day/4 night special runner's trek. The vacation was inspired by the custom trek we designed for Runner's World magazine. The trek traverses the beautiful trails of Marin County and Mount Tamalpais, "arguably the country's best trail running". Of course, these same trails are lovely to hike as well! You will see and experience Sausalito and Muir Woods National Monument, and end at the edge of Point Reyes National Seashore park. It is the perfect runner's vacation!
The trek includes 3 days of running or hiking 9 to 10 miles (14 to 16 km). Each night you will stay in premier lodging, ranging from charming country inns to luxury boutique hotels. In addition, you will have opportunities for excellent dining. It is also possible to customize this trek, adding a day at the beginning and starting in San Francisco or a day at the end, running through Point Reyes and finishing in Inverness.
- 5 days/4 nights
- Running or hiking 9 to 10 miles (14 to 16 km) daily
- Elevation gain up to 2300 feet (700 m)
- 3 days running or hiking
- Stay in premier hotels and charming country inns
- Breakfasts included
- Luggage transfers included
- Transfer during the trek included
- All taxes, fees, and tips included
- Detailed maps and trail notes included
- $1500 per person double occupancy April–November
- $1425 per person double occupancy December-March
- $2700 single occupancy, April-November
- $2550 single occupancy, December-March
- One bed, usually a king, is the default for double occupancy bookings. If you want two beds, please contact us.
- This pricing is based on premier rooms. If you want lower cost standard rooms, please contact us.
- You can start your trek on Sunday or Monday. If you want to start on a different day, please contact us.