This is our 5 day/4 night special runner's trek. The vacation was inspired by the custom trek we designed for Runner's World magazine. The trek traverses the beautiful trails of Marin County and Mount Tamalpais, "arguably the country's best trail running". Of course, these same trails are lovely to hike as well! You will see and experience Sausalito and Muir Woods National Monument, and end at the edge of Point Reyes National Seashore park. It is the perfect runner's vacation!
The trek includes 3 days of running or hiking 9 to 10 miles (14 to 16 km). Each night you will stay in premier lodging, ranging from charming country inns to luxury boutique hotels. In addition, you will have opportunities for excellent dining. It is also possible to customize this trek, adding a day at the beginning and starting in San Francisco or a day at the end, running through Point Reyes and finishing in Inverness.
- 5 days/4 nights
- Running or hiking 9 to 10 miles (14 to 16 km) daily
- Elevation gain up to 2300 feet (700 m)
- 3 days running or hiking
- Stay in premier hotels and charming country inns
- All breakfasts and lunches included
- Luggage transfers included
- Transfer during the trek included
- All taxes, fees, and tips included
- Detailed maps and trail notes included
- $1300 per person double occupancy April–November
- $1225 per person double occupancy December-March
- $2400 single occupancy, April-November
- $2250 single occupancy, December-March
- This pricing based on premier rooms–lower cost standard rooms are available
- You can start your trek on Sunday or Monday. Contact us to start on a different day.